Q1: Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to write this book?
I am a certified professional coach, inspirational speaker, corporate trainer and a mentor for professional and aspiring entrepreneurial women. I am the founder of Big Vision Biz, LLC where I help them create a vibrant vision for their exit strategy, so they can move with confidence, courage and freedom to build their passion business beyond their 9 to 5 job. I have been in the training and development industry for 15 years and currently served as the Leadership Performance Coach at an Internet Marketing company.
Writing HER Exit Strategy has been a long vision of mine. The timing could not have been better since I work in the corporate arena and coach many women leaders wanting more for their life beyond their day to day job/career. This book was a labor of love, passion and inspiration for women to step outside of themselves and have a bigger vision – their vision and not someone elses.
Q2: How did you come up with the title for the book?
One of my coaches Becky A. Davis, who also wrote the Foreword for my book gave me some wonderful ideas about creating programs. That concept came out of our session, but I didn’t act on it until I decided to write the book. It was so fitting for what I wanted to share with my audience. Every woman needs an exit strategy whether that be for a career change or a transition from employee to entrepreneur.
Q3: Do you have any advice for other writers?
Yes, don’t let fear stop you from writing. I did for a long time, but I decided to move with courage instead. If you write in your journal, blogs, newsletter, etc., none of that is wasted. Start somewhere and get a coach or mentor. I was able to complete my book in 10 weeks because of my mentor, who kept me focused and on track to the end. It also helped to write with other aspiring authors, who had the same goal – to write a book.
Q4: What are you working on now? What is your next project?
I am currently working with a team to create an online program based on the principles in my book. It’s going to be AWESOME!
Q5: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself speaking all over the globe at women’s conferences and events. Also writing more books and creating more programs to help women see their entrepreneurial genius beyond a day job.
Q6: What are the top 3 takeaways you want people to experience from reading your book?
- A vision is the key to having what you want in life. It’s paramount and without it, you move without purpose and meaning.
- You must EXIT out of the stuff that holds you back from living your big vision. And when you do create an EXIT strategy, you are able to make a entrance into the life you desire.
- Don’t leave your vision/dream in someone else’s hands. Take control of your own destiny.
Connect with Cheri at www.TheBigVisionMentor.com
- Author Chat with Cherri Walston - August 17, 2015
- Author Chat with Akela Renae - August 10, 2015
- Book Marketing -vs- Publicity - June 20, 2015
- How to Create an Irresistible Brand - May 13, 2015
- How to Partner with Libraries to Sell More Books - April 22, 2015
- Fast-Track Your Profits with Collaborations - April 15, 2015
- A Pop Culture Lesson for Authors - April 3, 2015
- Author Chat with Spicee Gray - April 1, 2015
- I’m On Social Media, Now What Do I Say? - March 25, 2015
- Author Chat with Dortha Hise - March 2, 2015