Guest posting (aka guest blogging) is an excellent way to get more subscribers, build your platform and get more book sales. In addition, the posts can help you achieve higher search engine rankings and build backlinks to your own website. When done strategically, regular guest posting can be one of your most effective book promotion tools. Be sure to include the name of your book AND your book website in your author byline, so that readers can learn more about both you and your book!
Join groups that your readers are a part of to build and monetize your author platform! As you strategize to write, publish and promote your existing and upcoming books, the groups can become one of the best resources for you to access your ideal readers. Share the following content to standout and attract leads:
- Curated articles
- Step-by-step activities
- Free (or low cost) tools curated specifically for your reader
Browse the group(s) when you’re looking for recommendations, ideas, resources and marketing opportunities for your projects.
Do you know exactly how many books, programs, and/or speaking fees, etc. you need to sell to reach your monthly and quarterly revenue goal?
- Quantify the exact number of products/services you need to sell to hit your goal.
- Then look at your marketing plan. Have you created enough products, programs and marketing campaigns to achieve your goals?
- If not, map out ways to maximize your profitability so you can hit your goal.
A great place to book paid speaking gigs is by targeting industry associations and their events. Not only do they have established budgets to pay speakers, but members are typically leaders and executives like yourself. You’ll gain exposure within the industry for future opportunities, while also building your credibility as an expert.
If your readers want to take a deeper dive with your book content, offering an interactive eCourse can be a logical next step. An eCourse is an organic upsell for a non-fiction book, thus increasing your profitability as a Bookpreneur. Your readers have a higher perceived value, and you can bundle an eCourse program with your book to increase sales. You can also teach your eCourse LIVE, tweak it with student feedback, and continue selling it on-demand or turn it into a self-paced program. The possibilities are endless.
Are you offering eCourses? Teachable is a platform that allows you to create beautifully designed, self-paced eCourses. Allow your students to easily sign up to your school, view curriculums and previews, and easily purchase your courses. You can get started for free AND get training on how to create an online course at www.teachable.com.
Does your book cover a topic that people would be interested in learning more about? If so, consider building an eCourse from the book content.
- Review the table of contents from your book.
- Select the chapters that can transformed into an online course, with actionable steps.
- Use this as the outline, paired with an actionable worksheet for each chapter, for your eCourse. You may realize that a large portion of the course content is already prepared.